Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Extended Weekend

What a great holiday weekend...and it keeps going, at least for one more day for me. Here's the run down:

Friday kicked off the weekend with a soccer game and post game trip to the bar. We didn't win the soccer game, but what else is new. It was fun nonetheless.

Saturday morning we hit the garage sale circuit, our new favorite Saturday morning activity. As usual, we had a lot of success. We landed a grill for $15 (yes, it works great!) and an patio umbrella for $5. Then Mark used his Chinese market bargaining skills to get them to throw in two sprinklers, grill cover and a kabob set for free..weeee! We couldn't fit the grill in the car, so Mark pushed it the 1/2 mile up the sidewalk. I could hear him coming from a block away. Saturday afternoon I headed to Cincinnati to visit Elizabeth and Mark headed to Cleveland for the Indian's game with his brother. Cincinnati was fun. We went to the Taste of Cincinnati festival along with Elizabeth's cousin ,Nicole, and met up a crowd of people. Navigating a festival with 11 people is tricky, so we moved slower than molasses, but that allowed for plenty of food and drink pit-stops!

Sunday I headed back to Columbus, of course hitting the outlets on the way home. Then it was time to get ready for our bbq. Mark's brother Greg just got out of the Navy so we had him and their whole family plus a handful of friends over for a celebration cook-out. The weather was beautiful and the grill performed admirably. Want leftover potato salad or apple pie? Then come on over.

Monday included a fight with my former landlord over his docking my deposit for "abandoning the apartment" and his cleaning it before he gave me a chance to. Then I hit up Craigslist and bought a mountain bike. Anyone want to hit the bike trail? In the afternoon we went to Flock's bbq and luckily the rain held off. Ended Monday with a haircut from Rae (thanks Rae!).

Now it's Tuesday and I'm sitting here blogging and waiting for the carpet installers. I could be waiting for awhile because our window is 8:30a-3pm..very precise.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home