Sunday, July 06, 2008

Goals Exceeded

My goals for the weekend included:

1. Drink at various bars
2. Sleep in
3. Sneak in a nap or two
4. Eat grilled food
5. See fireworks

All the goals were all met. I think the goal number 4 was met the best by my attendance at JP's family BBQ (annual BARF (stands for Birros Annual Rib Fesival) event)--I tried 8 different type of ribs with their respective homemade sauce. Every year they have a rib themed bbq where family members enter their own homemade sauce into the family competition. Their uncle Pete cooks up the ribs with each of the sauces for the official "family judges" to judge and the masses to vote on for people's choice. My favorite won the people's choice award (perhaps JP took me seriously when I told him to count my ballot as extra). I wish I could get a bottle of that stuff...

So the unlisted goal 6 was to do something active. This goal was met today by the 5 mile bike ride that I went on with Mark. Well, I rode my bike and he rollerbladed. I'm now collapsed on the couch watching tv and blogging about my weekend--this is the life. I must say though, 5 miles was too far. Next time I'll only do 3-4 miles.

2 Comments:

At 7:13 PM, Blogger E. Luther said...

5 miles -- good work, Scolson! Next time, though, up it. Yes. None of this 3-4 mile talk.

 
At 2:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Scolson! When do we get to see pictures of the house? You two tackled some impressive projects.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home