As Requested
As requested, here are pictures of our new house. For my amusement, I've done this in before and after format, when possible. I'll also try to order it like you are actually taking the tour of our house.
Welcome to our home!
Here's a pic with the whole house (see our awesome garage in the background--2.5 car garage, but I still have difficulty parking my car in it as I am a bad parker)
Heading inside...here's our family/living room. This is the family room the day we moved in..yes we own a lot of crap.
Going around the corner, here is the dining room. There's no before shot for this room.
Next up is the kitchen. You may think, this must be the before shot...well, it isn't. Sadly, the kitchen is slated to be remodeled in 2010, maybe sooner as budgets allow. It's works though, not the most attractive, but decent space to work with. Let's continue the photo tour by skipping the half bath (it's not that photogenic) and heading upstairs.
Here's the full bathroom upstairs.
Here's the office. Mark refinished this hardwood floor to match the rest of the house. It had previously had carpeting on it and buckets of paint dropped on the hardwood. 4 days of power sanding and 3 coats of polyurethane--here's the end result.
Oh yeah, and we repainted this room. Racing strips wasn't our thing. This before picture is from when we did our walkthrough, ignore the previous owner's stuff. I wish the before picture showed the floor so you could see the results of Mark's hard work...oh well.
Master bedroom after picture.
Master Bedroom before--not the best picture. This was during our walkthrough and I was focusing on the ceiling fan. The only thing we changed in this room was the color of the walls.

I love my closet. This walk-in closet is in the master bedroom.
Here's another angle, yes, I own a lot of clothes. No, Mark doesn't have anything is this closet.
Guest bedroom. Mark's closet is in this room.
Before picture! Please notice that the walls are neon pink and orange. We had to use 2 coats of primer and paint to cover this up!
Guest bedroom. Mark's closet is in this room.Well- that's the end of the house tour. Bonus- because Kevin asked to see picture of my baby birds...
Birdies! When taking these pictures, I realized I was wrong...there are 4 of them! I wonder how they'll fit into the nest when they get bigger.
Here's the mama bird. She doesn't like me anymore because I was bothering her babies. The flash went off during this picture and she was super P.O'd. She felt the need to fly at me at that point. I think I'll leave them alone for awhile so she can cool down. Kevin, I think she's a robin. Am I right, or is she another brown bird with a red chest?
Birdies! When taking these pictures, I realized I was wrong...there are 4 of them! I wonder how they'll fit into the nest when they get bigger.
Here's the mama bird. She doesn't like me anymore because I was bothering her babies. The flash went off during this picture and she was super P.O'd. She felt the need to fly at me at that point. I think I'll leave them alone for awhile so she can cool down. Kevin, I think she's a robin. Am I right, or is she another brown bird with a red chest?

4 Comments:
Love the house! My mom is here for the weekend and was looking at the pics over my shoulder and she wants to know if it's a Sears house, because apparently, it's just like the house next to her parents old house. I didn't even know you could buy houses from the Sears catalog. They sell everything!
Thanks for the picture(s)! Yeah, that looks like an American Robbin - I think. The picture was sort of small and dark to tell, but it's vaguely thrush-shaped, and if it looks like a Robbin, it is!
What isn't there to love about racing stripes? What, do you /not/ want your bedroom to go faster?
Your home is beautiful, thanks for the fabulous tour! It made me feel like I can just walk around the neighborhood to go visit you guys for a cup of tea (or, a bottle of Boone's Farm, hehe). Hope to see y'all at the Stanford game!
I wondered if it was a Sear's home. I looked up the date it was built in the Sear's catalogs online and the house appears to slightly pre-date the Sear's catalog sales. But that doesn't mean someone messed up the date at some point and it really could be a Sear's home.
Post a Comment
<< Home