Sunday, July 12, 2009

Kittens are Cute - When they aren't Scratching your Furniture

We went back to the humane society and got our kittens on Friday! We ended up taking the advice of Megan Falto and got non-siblings. Bailey (called Flippy by the shelter) was one of the original sisters we were looking at. We decided we still wanted her, so we played with her and other kittens until we found one that got along with her. Oliver, was the kitten that passed the test. When they met, playtime began - unlike other kittens that hissed at Bailey or the one who sat on her to dominate her (he was a bit bigger than her anyway). The two were playing and flipping around the room together having a grand time. Bailey really does like to flip, I see why the shelter called her Flippy. They're home with us now and play time never ends with these two.

Introducing...Oliver!
Introducing Bailey!
Here's another picture of Bailey so you can see her Calico coat.

Playtime together. Rough-housing seems to be their favorite game.

The coveted picture - when they are actually using the scratching post. I wish I had more of these pictures.

Last picture - playtime with a fake mouse. Life doesn't get better than this for a kitten.

4 Comments:

At 11:52 AM, Anonymous Megan said...

Does this mean that I get blamed every time the cats are bad?

But yay kittens! They are so much fun when they're that age.

 
At 11:52 AM, Anonymous Megan said...

Does this mean that I get blamed every time the cats are bad?

But yay kittens! They are so much fun when they're that age.

 
At 9:40 AM, Anonymous 1 Cuff Link Short of a Pair said...

I still liked the name Hamster...

 
At 12:11 AM, Blogger E. Luther said...

i just spent 1 hr flattening oliver's ears while you guys were asleep. then i put bailey in the fridge for 30-second increments. then i went out and bought you more beer.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home