Stick Shifting
I wish I had taken the time to learn how to drive a stick shift when I was younger. Today we went to a big parking lot and tried to learn how to drive stick using Mark's car. It wasn't pretty, but I think it wasn't ugly either. Sadly, after my 1 hour lesson I wasn't a pro and that frustrates me...

4 Comments:
Lot of that going around today ... check out my blog.
I think it is one of those things that just takes time and practice. Like riding a bike, it is easy to understand the basic idea but hard to put into practice if you've never done it before.
I think you tried driving my car in New York on fall break one time in a parking lot. Sadly I am a horrible teacher and I think we all gave up after 10 minutes. Sorry! :)
I remember not really being totally comfortable driving a stick until I had done it for a few months at least. So just keep driving!!!
Ugh...I know what you mean and how you feel! I've still not mastered it, although I take comfort in the fact that I THINK I could take over if there was an emergency and I needed to drive Karl's car to the ER or something. That's about it.
Post a Comment
<< Home