Sunday, August 03, 2008

You're special

This weekend we went to Mark's family reunion. I was introduced to a lot of people, whose names I don't remember. I do remember two names--because of the stories that went with their introduction.

Uncle Pete:
Mark's Mom- Pete this is Mark and Sarah.
Pete (to Mark and Sarah)- Oh yeah...did I go to your wedding?
Sarah and Mark- Awkward Silence
Mark's Mom- No, they aren't married.
Pete- Ahh, well, will I be invited?
Sarah and Mark- Awkward Silence

Cousin Katie:
Mark's Mom- Mark, come meet your cousin Katie from Florida
Mark- Nice to meet you Katie
Mark's Mom- Katie, this is Mark's special friend, Sarah
Mark- What? Special friend?
Sarah- Nice to meet you Katie. I'm on my daily outing.

I may have paraphrased a little bit, but the essence of the two stories is true. Mark has vowed to not let him mom live down the special friend comment. What do you say, should we cut her some slack?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home