Corner of Notre Dame Avenue and Linebacker Lane
This weekend we made our annual pilgrimage to Notre Dame. We drove up Friday after work with Jeannie and Andrew. Upon arrival we suited up (okay wore the same clothes) and went to the legendary linebacker inn. The backer didn't disappoint, especially because eluther made the drive from benton harbor to join us. We even made it until ~2am, a feat we don't do often anymore. While I was watching the young college students sing along to every song, I realized that I was the old alumni that I used to hate on football weekends for taking over the backer. Oh well, that's what I get to do now - some day the students will get it.
The football game was legendary. While it was rainy and we could only find junior sized ponchos, it was still a lot of fun. The incredible goal line stands and overtime win make any amount of rain seem okay. We sat behind the band which sounded great like usual. After the game, all we could muster up the strength to do was eat pizza and watch the OSU whomping.
ps- thank you Matt for letting us stay at your house

2 Comments:
Nice "How I Met Your Mother" references. :) At the Army 10-miler this morning, I saw a girl's t-shirt that said:
TRACK SUIT UP!
It's going to be legendary
ohhh man, junior-sized ponchos? bros were scalping tickets for $5-$10 as we left campus toward the end of the 1st quarter; kinda wished we could've stayed. still, it was really good to see you guys. go irish, woo!
Post a Comment
<< Home