Good News!
September 5, 2008: We're engaged! I've had requests for the story, so here it is.
We went to dinner at Lindey's http://www.lindeys.com/in German Village (no--not Wendy's). After we finished dinner we went for a walk in the village http://www.germanvillage.org/. It was misting rain when we departed for the walk, which was fine because it made the streets deserted.
The walk led us to Frank Fetch Park http://www.germanvillage.org/fetchpark.htm This neighborhood park is less than a block, but it's landscaped beautifully. Here's a quote from the linked article, "Gas lights, hanging baskets, brick walkways, and wrought iron fencing give the park an “old world” feeling."
Mark had me get a coin out of my purse. He threw it in the fountain to make a wish and then got down on one knee to ask me to marry him. I haven't asked him what his wish was--I'm hoping it was about the proposal and not his fantasy football team's debut this Sunday. Like a sucker, I started crying (don't judge me). Mark swears he could actually make out the "yes".
We hung out in the park for a bit, but then it started pouring. I know you probably think--oh no-that must have been bad or ruined things. Actually, it was just the opposite. We were so happy, we didn't care it was raining, it just added more to the private moment...hiding from the rain by sitting on a bench under a tree, nobody else crazy enough to be outside. Eventually we walked back to the car- soaked.
Here are some pictures to help create the scene for you. Mark did a wonderful job!!
This is Lindey's restaurant in German Village.
Here's the day image of Frank Fetch park.
Here's the exact location in the park of the proposal. I like this picture because it is nighttime, so you can see exactly what the scene looked like to me on Friday night.

3 Comments:
Congratulations! You've always looked to be very happy together and I suspect it is even more the case today :)
Yay! Congratulations!
- the Spoons
Ok - why are you grabbing Mark's boob?
Post a Comment
<< Home