Saturday, September 20, 2008

I *heart* power.

Hurricane Ike hit Ohio last Sunday at ~3pm. The winds knocked down trees all over town and knocked out power. It is now Saturday at 5:25pm and my power just came back on. I sure missed power.

Here's my top 5 things I missed.

1. Internet at my beck and call
2. TV to entertain me every night
3. Being able to have food in my house
4. Getting ready for work in my own home (thanks to Katie for letting me get ready this week at her apt.
5. Being able to find things in my own home.

Here's the top 5 things I enjoyed.

1. Quiet neighborhood
2. Talking to the neighbors outside b/c we had nothing else to do
3. Hanging with Katie first thing every day
4. Easy story to talk to people at work about. Instead of, "Good morning! Nice day isn't it." You can small talk with, "Do you have power?"
5. Meeting friends for dinner b/c we couldn't eat at home.

1 Comments:

At 12:50 AM, Blogger TwoYaks said...

Food is good!
Hah! People think I'm crazy. How many Hurricanes hit here? :p Still, nice to have ye olde moving electron back, eh? And you can talk to your neighbours even with the power on... :}

 

Post a Comment

<< Home